What-a-Prices

This morning I got hungry (what a surprise) and decided I'd pick something up from Whataburger. I hate their fries so I asked the waiter if it would be cheaper to get just the burger and a large drink instead of the corresponding combo. Guess what!? It's actually cheaper to get the combo! I told them to keep the fries even as I ordered the combo (I didn't want the food to go to waste) and in exchange they put another patty on my burger.

This is why America is fat. I was being served by this obese African-American guy who looked like a total slob as I kept thinking to myself: "how are we ever going to reform health-care in this country if American food corporations cannot develop some sort of quantity/price ratio?" The problem is that Americans just don't know how to control portion size! We are consistently given larger portions for cheaper prices so we tend to eat more, and more, and more, more, more, and more.

The simple fact is that health-care reform in this country will not work until the government systematically redraws fast food regulation. We need to put a stop to giving larger portions for cheaper and we need to invest in education (and reform that as well) so that our children know how to control what they eat and, more importantly, why they need to control what they eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 Fish & Chips | by TNB